Accessibility Evaluation Tools
- Accessibility, Tools
These tools analyze web pages for requirements defined by the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Single A and AA Success Criteria (https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/).
- Functional Accessibility Evaluator 2.0
- It crawls through the entire site. Based on the settings you choose it will evaluate just the top-level or you can choose second or third level page links.
- If you create an account, you have the ability to save up to 5 reports.
- AInspector (Accessibility Inspector)
- This is an Add-on for Firefox.
- When AInspector Sidebar is loaded into the sidebar panel of Firefox, it automatically evaluates the current page and each subsequent page that you load into the content area of the browser. This applies to the current tab only.
- WAVE (Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool)
- Available as toolbar in Firefox or extension in Chrome
- Drawback to this tool is that you have to turn it off before navigating to the next page and then turn it back on.
- HTML Code Sniffer
- Checks HTML source code and detects violations of W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0
- Can add the bookmarklet to Google Chrome, Firefox 10+, Safari 5+, Internet Explorer 8+
- W3C Markup Validation Service
- This validator checks the markup validity of Web documents in HTML, XHTML, SMIL, MathML, etc.
- HTML 5 Accessibility Mapping Implementation
- This site is a resource to provide information about which new HTML5 user interface features are accessibility supported in browsers.