Adding an Associated Image
An Associated Image will display at the top of the page as well as a thumbnail when viewing a folder that contains the page. If you don’t want the image to display on the page, change the setting Display Associated Image? No. This setting is found under the Extended Attributes tab.
When you upload the image using this option, the system automatically converts the image into different sizes:
You also have the option of cropping. These images are stored in a different file space than the images that are uploaded into content areas (see below).
Inserting an image into content areas
- On the Basic tab, scroll down to the Content field.
- Place your cursor in the location you would like to place the image.
- Select the Image icon from the editing toolbar.
- This will launch the Image Properties dialog window. Click Browse Server to either locate a previously uploaded image or upload a new one. You can resize the photo within the Image Properties window, add alt text, etc.
- If you want users to be able to click on the photo to get a larger view, follow these steps:
- After uploading the photo to the Images folder, right click on the photo and select Resize. Set the desired width (i.e., 300 width for landscape and 200 width for portrait). Then select the smaller sized photo for the content section by double-clicking on it.
- Now click once on the photo you just inserted in the text editor (the smaller version), then click the Link icon from the editing toolbar. Browse to the folder that you uploaded the image and select the larger one.
- The alignment settings will do the following:
- left - aligns the photo on the left side and wraps the text around it
- right - aligns the photo on the right side and wraps the text around it
- center - aligns the photo in the center of the component
- none - photo is inserted on left side with no text wrapping
Captioned-image provides a section to type in a caption.